Iran blames Israel for the drone attack on a military factory near Isfahan last Saturday night, the Iranian news agency IRNA reported.
Iran’s UN envoy Amir Saeid Iravani writes in a letter to UN chief António Guterres that Iran is prepared to respond. However, he writes that “initial investigations suggested Israel was responsible” for the attack.
Tehran said there were no casualties or serious damage caused by the attack.
“Iran reserves the legitimate and inherent right to defend its national security and to respond decisively to any threat or misconduct by the Zionist regime whenever and wherever it sees fit,” Iravani said in the letter, referring to the Israeli government. “This action by the Zionist regime is against international law.”
Iran has accused its archenemy Israel of planning attacks on Iranian soil. Israel has previously said it is ready to attack Iranian targets if diplomacy fails to curb Tehran’s nuclear programs but does not comment on specific incidents.
In the attack on the factory, located in the country’s centre, one drone was destroyed by an anti-aircraft system, and two other drones exploded, according to the Iranian Defense Ministry. However, there was only damage to the factory’s roof, where ammunition is made, according to the IRNA news agency.