6 Most Common Benefits of Welding Manipulators
Column and Boom welding manipulators also known as weld head locators are highly beneficial for different industrial businesses. They are used for automatic welding in industries like fabrication, submarine manufacture, nuclear and conventional power generation plant etc. They are extremely useful as they enable the welders to carry out their tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
How Do They Work?
This welding equipment consists of a boom that enables the columns to be lifted up and down in a backward and forward motion. It is one of the rugged solutions to obtain up to 30-feet of lift by duplicating the function of a highly skilled welder. Boom and column welding manipulators makes the job of the welder much easier as heavy duty tasks like carrying weights of up to 800kgs can be efficiently done.
It ensures consistency in bringing the welding head to the weldment and therefore, manipulators can be used in tasks like plate burning, painting, air carbon arc gouging etc. The column and boom welding manipulators often come up with ladders along the side of the boom that also has an operator attached to it. They can be fitted for MIG, GMAW and CMT processes. It allows different kinds of tasks to be carried out within the nearest positions.
They are designed to work independently or in conjunction either with the rotating equipment or with positioning equipment in order to ensure that the automatic welding head is in the correct position or not.
Benefits of Column and Boom Welding Manipulator for your Business
There are several benefits of using boom and column welding manipulators as they enhance the outcome and the consistency of the task they have been assigned.
However, some of them are mentioned below:
1. Manipulators offer 360 degrees rotation that allows the manipulators to carry out their functions in any direction. It is not restricted to any one particular direction; thus, speeding up the welding operation.
2. Moreover, the welders can relax while the manipulators complete the task they have been operated for. Manual labor is minimized and machine operations are maximized through the use of a column and boom manipulator.
3. It offers welding control as well like current, voltage, wire speed etc.
4. It also controls the movement of the goods from bottom to top and top to bottom while balancing it at different speed levels.
5. It has the ability to maintain weld head in a stable position.
6. It also increases the overall productivity.
Column and boom manipulators allow the use of fully-automated different kinds of production techniques that are mainly designed to increase the quality of the work and reduce the total time of production. It makes the job of the welder much more simple.